Wednesday, September 29, 2010

It's a Girl!

Hannah Grace Lessly, 9/28/10, 6 lbs. 10 oz.


Attention everyone, I have a new niece!! Congratulations to my sweet sister Rebecca and her dear husband Kevin on the birth of their second little girl. Miss Hannah Grace was born Tuesday night, September 28, weighing in at a respectable 6 pounds and 10 ounces and every bit as cute as I knew she would be! Not scheduled to arrive until early next week, little Hannah's big debut came as a bit of a surprise to say the least. After returning home from a typical night of grocery shopping, Rebecca's water decided to break and then the race was on! With Kevin speeding back from Ft. Worth after a night of working late, Rebecca called for back-up in the way of our other sister Angela who just so happened to be walking into a nearby restaurant just a few streets away. Angela immediately rerouted herself and scooped Rebecca up in her Expedition-Turned-Ambulance and frantically raced their way to the hospital, Rebecca screaming all the way (the contractions were coming full force at this point). They got there just in time for Rebecca to be wheeled into Labor and Delivery (after Angela made a few minor threats to the security guard out front) and to start pushing (too late for an epidural at this point). Fortunately Kevin had arrived at this time, and just a couple of minutes later, so did Hannah Grace Lessly! It was all a whirlwind of activity, and the entire process took less than an hour!It's times like these that reiterate the fact that we really are a half a world away over here. I desperately wanted to be there and to be a part of it all, but I had to settle for listening through the phone as my new niece made her first sweet little cries thousands of miles away from me. I just hope she wasn't listening to my sweet little cries on her end. They were definitely tears of joy though and tears of excitement for the newest addition to the family (well, along with a few tears of homesickness sprinkled in as I longed to be there too). I just hope she knows that someone in Malaysia loves her very much!!! Congratulations Rebecca, Kevin, Halie, and Hannah! My heart is right there with you!!!

Ready or Not, Here I Come
Speedy Delivery
Proud Papa Kevin and Big Sister Halie

No comments:

Post a Comment